Friday, December 14, 2012

Hit the Beach

   Hit the beach after work on Camp Lejuene, it was a nice afternoon with about 1+30 left before the sun went down. Off shore there was some MEU work-ups going on with a LHA out a few miles and a bunch of LCAC's heading from shore to sea to redeveous with the ships offshore. I was happy with the fact that my cammies are hung up for good and I'm not on the flight deck of that LHA and that I'm here just to swing the Minelab.

   The winter is the best time to detect here as the sand moves offshore leaving some nice hard gravel near the top. My first hit in about 30 seconds of swinging brought up a gold ring. The ocean was not too kind to it as it was pretty beat, may have been there since the 30's as the area was a tourist place then. A little while later I snagged a braclet, I'm not sure if it's silver or not, maybe one of those titanium power deals? Lots of bullets and coins too! It was fun as hell, and I'm heading back soon as possible!

Semper Fi,
Bob

No comments: